SBS Leisure Homes Ltd t/a Yorkshire Coast Caravans are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This notice describes what types of information we collect from you, how we use it, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will not sell your information to third parties, but we do work with closely with partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, manufacturers and suppliers for warranty purposes when purchasing a caravan or motorhome.
What information do we collect?
We collect & process information about you and your vehicle when you place an order for a product or service, submit information through our website. We only collect information which is necessary, adequate and relevant for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name, date of birth, address, contact details (email and phone numbers)
- Vehicle details including Vehicle Identification Number and service/warranty repair information.
- Bank account and payment details
- Market research information and feedback you have provided on our products and services
- If you are using finance to make a purchase, additional personal information will be collected including employment details, financial position and data taken from identification documents such as your driving licence or passport and proofs of address.
- For motorhome hire bookings information collected includes proof of address, employment, driving licence and national insurance details
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
- Information from our mutual suppliers and business partners, for example manufacturers, insurance companies (when making a claim) and finance partners when you purchase a product using finance products.
How we use this information
We will only process this information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time)
We will use the information to:
- Improve our services to you by evaluating feedback and information from you
- Improve our customer service and technical support
- Process transactions to perform a contract with you and complete your orders, purchases
- Respond to correspondence and fulfil requests
- Provide vehicle service and warranty support
- Verify the accuracy of information we hold and your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity
- Process personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your motorhome with DVLA)
Where you have provided your consent, we may use & process your personal information to;
- Contact you about products and services and to provide you with special offers, service reminders and show events information, which we think maybe of interest to you
- Conduct market research
You can withdraw consent at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we share this information
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to.
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, manufacturers and suppliers processing warranty claims, service providers, our legal and professional advisors. We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If you subscribe to our emails and newsletters, we will retain your details until you opt-out or unsubscribe.
If you have a purchased a vehicle from us we hold your personal information for the period necessary to comply with the warranty period and any associated legal requirements.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current.
Access and correction of your personal information
Under data protection law you have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Withdraw consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below:
By post; Yorkshire Coast Caravans, Unit 3, Lancaster Road, Carnaby Industrial Estate, Bridlington, YO15 3QY
By email: email@example.com
By phone; 01262 400733
If you are unhappy you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s office, the UK data protection regulator are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Call: 0303 123 1113
Email: casework@ ico.org.uk
SBS Leisure Homes Ltd t/a Yorkshire Coast Caravans
Unit 3 Lancaster Road
Carnaby Industrial Estate
Company Registration Number: 04607566